Tuesday 1 April 2014

Baking with my boys.

I see many pictures on blogs and social media with parents lovingly baking with their kids. This always appeals to me as I love to cook and bake.

My thinking is if they're involved then I can a) bake more and b) get some hands on fun going with them. Win win. Or not. The reality is they're super active, don't stand still for more than 5 minutes and expect whatever we are making ready for consumption within the space of time it takes before they are bored/hungry. This is never a long time. Cue melt down, strops and stress. How did I combat this? I stopped cooking with them.  Until this morning.

This morning I decided we'd bake chocolate chip cookies and we'd have homemade pizza for tea. So I chucked them in the garden this morning for a run around. Whilst they were out there I weighed everything and got it all ready for them. They came in, were delighted to be cooking and delicious cookies were indeed made. Happy campers all round!


Then this afternoon I got the pizza dough ready (read the bread machine) I got a selection of toppings prepared and again called them to the table to do as they wished with their own pizzas. Again everyone was happy. Genius!

We made good food, had fun and were all happy. A good day was had by all.


No comments:

Post a Comment