Saturday 21 July 2012

Sensory Tub Number 1 and a muffin....

One of the things I've been really excited to start introducing with Nathan are Sensory Tubs. There are some amazing ones out there and I decided that the first one I wanted to start him with was one with an Ocean theme. Last week I headed to Ikea to buy some bits and pieces for our homeschool environment and this included lots of containers a perfect size for this sort of activity. Here is our first one!

I used water beads as the base, these feel absolutely gorgeous-to me that is. Nathan has declared them sticky and yuck! I have also added a few of his sea toys, a little scoop to pour and an egg cup to pour into. Here he is having a look at it.
This lasted all of 5 seconds before he told me he didn't like it and wanted me to put it away! I felt very disappointed with his reaction as I had hoped he'd just divc straight in. Not fair really, considering he's never really played with textures or had any organised type of play before. I'm going to persevere and keep it in his sight so that he might develop an interest. If he doesn't then I'll try a new theme until I find something that strikes a cord with him. It could be that he doesn't like the wet of the water beads, or it could of just been the wrong time to introduce it!

In other news the loft conversion is completed today and I will be taking some pictures later. As a thank you to our builders I made White Chocolate and Raspberry Muffins this morning. Here they are!

They really are rather yummy! Anyway, what's your news? Any delicious bakes to share? Any experiences of sensory tub rejection?!

Thanks for reading and watch out for a post coming up about my foodie penpal swap!

Lisa x

3 comments:

  1. Looks like a fantastic sensory tub! I must admit that when I look at them (for example the brilliant ones on Counting Coconuts!) I often wonder how long it would actually entertain my son for. My worry is that he would spend two minutes tipping everything everywhere and then get bored, leaving me to spend ages clearing it all up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Counting coconuts and Chasing Cheerios have some great ones. Nathan has been playing with kidney beans and rice and has played for ages so I'm hoping it was just the wrong time! He is told that if he spills it everywhere on purpose it will be put away and so far so good! Go on, have a go!

      Delete
  2. White chocolate and raspberry is such a great combination. Tasty looking muffins! :)

    ReplyDelete