Saturday 12 May 2012

A New Beginning...

Wow, I've decided to just do it and start a mummy blog! Another one I hear you sigh.....Well that may be the case but this is just for me, just for my family. I'm hoping in years to come we'll be able to look over this and use it for what it is intended. Just a log of our life and events. In the meantime I'm hoping to be able to provide some laughter and happiness to any of you lovely people that decide to take the time to read and comment on my posts.

A bit about myself, well I'm 31 and happily married to my husband Kenny. We live with our two boys in a house we love on the sunny coast of Worthing in West Sussex. We're literally a 5 minute walk from the seafront and live opposite a nice big park. Perfect for burning off all that toddler energy! We're also pretty much decided that we will go against the grain and home school our children.

We started looking into home schooling a little while ago and I've now become all consumed with reading and absorbing everything that I can about it. That's what I'm like, I'll surround myself with as many books and articles as I can and then try to soak it all up. The reason for us going down this route really is of personal choice, our class sizes here are set to be close to 40 children, a teacher will barely have time to spend any one to one time with our boys, they might not like to be forced to learn the same things, at the same rate and at the same time as every other person around them. I'm still reading a lot about it but I'm finding all of the blogs out there really interesting and useful. Any positive advise or links will be greatly received!

In my spare time I love to cook and do all things crafty, I also have a blog for this passion over on Wordpress. www.lisarye.wordpress.com is you fancy checking that out!

I'm not a writer so you will find that these posts will be more ramblings but hey I'm only trying to be The Best Mummy I Can Be......

Thanks for reading and I wish you a fabulous day.


10 comments:

  1. Oh you've decided to go for it, is congratulations the right word?!
    I'm very excited for you and really look forward to coming in your journey with you. With a son the same age as your eldest I'm hoping I can also learn from you along the way :)

    Well done in following your own instincts and probably going 'against the grain'.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Rachael,

      Thanks for your lovely comment as always! We're pretty much decided on it, the more I read the more it cements into me that this is the best thing for us. I'm really excited about it all and think it will be great fun for all of us (you included!)

      I thought if I had this blog then at least it will document everything and it'll be lovely for looking back over!

      J looked like he had fun with the Play Doh, Nathan loves it, Ethan looks at it and licks his lips.....

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well done Lisa on your new blog. I applaud you for even wanting to homeschool your children. I can completely understand why. My daughter has just been allocated her 4th choice of primary school for September. Luckily it is a brilliant school but it's not the school locally to us and therefore she won't know anybody. I wish you luck and can't wait to find out about what you get up to in your family life.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Why thank you :-) It must be really hard for you that your daughter will be further away-4th choice that's just ridiculous! When my sister started school my mum only had to put 2 choices down, just shows how times have changed and will continue to change. I hope you enjoy reading my blog and look forward to tweeting with you soon!

      Have a great rest of your day

      Lisa x

      Delete
  4. Wowee! This is going to be quite a journey, and will make interesting reading. My little boy is pretty much the same age as E. I've only just started to think about schools now as we're moving but it is a topic that can be all consuming, and divide opinion! Well done on making a choice that's right for your family and good luck!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Ange, Thanks for stopping by and commenting. I think your little one is the same age as Nathan? Ethan is only 9 months, Nathan two and a half? I'm hoping now that I make my blog interesting enough LOL loads of people are commenting on Twitter that they're looking forward to following our journey eeeek! Schooling is a big choice but I feel we've made the right decision for our family (might change my mind on a bad day lol)

      Hope you're having a great weekend.

      Speak soon

      Lisa x

      Delete
  5. Just saying hello from Angmering, we lived in Worthing until January this year! I look forward to reading your blog, and reading about your adventures in home schooling, good luck!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jennifer, Thanks for taking the time to read and comment! Do you home school? What are the age of your LO/s?

      My mum lives in Littlehampton so just down the road from you :-)

      Have a great day x

      Delete
    2. Hello! No we don't homeschool, well they are too young yet but we won't be. One of the reasons that we moved was because (we feel) it puts us in a better catchment area for a primary school than we were in before. We'll worry about secondary school when we get there... My son is 3 and my daughter is 1 at the end of the month.

      Delete