Monday 21 May 2012

Amazing....

Well, I can only say that I am completely overwhelmed with the positive support that I have been receiving via this blog and also Twitter, I honestly can't thank you all enough! It's certainly encouraging to know that I'm not going to get lynched lol.

I've been trawling through the forums, internet search engines and other home ed blogs recently and there really are some wonderful inspirational posts to be found. I am quite disturbed though on how peoples comments can start a witch hunt on a personal individual blog. I've actually found this extremely daunting and hope I'm never on the receiving end!

I've been busy finding local support networks and have a social gathering arranged on the 1st June where I will meet other Home Schooling families. The difficulty at the moment is that my two are so young there are very few people that are starting to think about it at this stage. That said, I have been told that as soon as they get to 'school age' there is far more awareness.

I'm also trying to look at everything I do in a different light and to see how I can make everyday excursions and activities into an educational but fun experience. It's all a learning curve but I'm really glad that we decided to look into it now so that it can be a slow process rather than feeling like I've been thrown in at the deep end.

I'd be really keen to hear of any suggestions, websites or tips on introducing new experiences. My next post will be a lot sooner and I have some great pictures to share too.

Until then, have a great day and thanks for taking the time to read!

Until next time........... xx

No comments:

Post a Comment