Friday 27 July 2012

Foodie Penpal....

I heard about Foodie Penpals through Twitter and decided I'd really love to have a go at it. You can read more about how it goes on here and here but basically you give and receive foodie packages. I was partnered with the lovely Caitlin and here is the package that she sent!

It was so beautifully packaged I couldn't wait to tuck into it! Here are the delightful gifts that were inside.
Caitlin had recently been to Italy so I had so bits from there including tiny pasta, a chilli purree, chocolate, minestrone mix and sesame bars. I'm really excited about making some of these soups and luckily with the weather we've had it's still soup weather! There were also a few local delicacies from where she lives in Cornwall. These were Shortbread biscuits, Curry crackers and a cornish pasty recipe postcard. She also included some teas from her travels and some delicious home made Ginger cookies. I'm not a fan of ginger so was dubious about trying them but they are delicious! I've eaten nearly all of them! There were also a couple of recipes that I'll blog about as soon as I have tried them! I can't thank Caitlin enough and can't wait to join in again next month!

If you've never tried this please go over and sign up, it's great fun!

4 comments:

  1. Wow, your parcel was beautifully presented - puts mine to shame! Everything sounds great, I'm a huge fan of tiny pasta, it's so cute :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Foodie Penpals sounds so exciting, I'm really tempted to sign up and have a go myself after seeing your lovely package x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You really should! I'm so excited about receiving this months! x

      Delete