Tuesday 10 July 2012

Help!

I can't believe it's been so long since I last blogged! We've been so busy this last month and have just returned from two weeks away at a Haven holiday park. We had a wonderful time and I saw both our boys unfold and develop at a remarkable rate. It was as though the change of scenery really did them some good! I'll blog about that tomorrow when I have some pictures to hand.

I've also been busy going backwards and forwards with an important decision. I recently enrolled on a distance learning Montessori course. This was for no other reason than I think it will help me teach our boys with this method and also help me gain confidence in presenting new things to them. Having received the course materials, I'm now wondering if this is just too heavy a course for me. I love my crafting and also enjoy the usual, catching up with blogs and Twitter etc and I wonder if I take this on will I lose this time?

If any of you lovely people reading this have studied this course could you please let me know if you think it would be worthwhile or if I could get by just fine with a few books and blogs?! I need to make the decision in the next couple of days so any help would be greatly received......

Thanks in advance!

Lisa x

2 comments:

  1. Does the course have to be done in a certain timescale or do you set the pace? If a couple of hours a week are needed perhaps you can arrange your mum to babysit.

    You'll have to be self disciplined and set yourself study times.

    Or is it possible you could re-think it, say in a years time?

    I'm sure it'll be time well spent if you do decide to do it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Rachael,

      The course is over 18 months and is pretty intense. My mum has the boys already so that I can work as well. I've decided to send the materials back now and have another think in 6 months or so. If I got them back by the end of the week I don't incur and charge but if I wait I will have to pay the full fees.

      I feel better for the decision.

      Thanks for taking the time to comment.

      Lisa x

      Delete