Friday 21 March 2014

A boost in Homeschool confidence.

One of the reasons I don't tend to blog very much is that some days I don't feel we've done very much. I worry a lot about our homeschooling and that I'll let the boys (and soon to be girl) down. I seem to completely lack confidence.

Kenny is amazingly supportive but the best piece of advice that he has given me is to look at the boys and see how they're doing. When I do that I feel proud. Ethan at just 2.5 years is an amazing character, has a vocabulary of a 3.5 year old and is just beautifully inquisitive.

He is amazed and intrigued by the world around him and truly embraces the whole 'Montessori' way. He's also extremely cheeky and learnt No at a very early age!

Nathan is reading, he's picking up new sight words like it's going out of fashion and his writing is greatly improved from where we started just 8 weeks ago. He is showing a love of reading and happily goes and gets a book, or starts to read to himself. He's also starting to decode and words and signs when we are out and about. His basic addition is amazing, he can count to 100 with ease and is happy to work with number. He also has a phenomenal imagination and although I get frustrated with his obsession of Lego Chima I'm also amazed at how he deconstructs the kits to rebuild his vision.

I posted on my Facebook page today some of our homeschooling pictures. I did this with trepidation as not everyone knows/agrees with us doing this. I decided that the people that felt this way aren't actually involved in our lives at all, they're just people I went to school with. Well what can I say, I had an amazing amount of positive feedback and was genuinely touched.

Did this show me that I'm doing a good job? No my boys do that daily. It did however give me a confidence boost and with the constant tiredness that I'm feeling and the weariness that haunts my body I think that is all that I needed.

Here are a few pictures of our homeschooling life :-)

Have a great day.

Lisa x








No comments:

Post a Comment