Sunday 15 July 2012

Starting slowly.

In a bid to start to add a bit of "learning with purpose" I've been looking at ways that I can start to introduce a few things. This that will excite Nathan into the world around us in a geographical sense. Just to make him aware that there are indeed other countries. I've been struggling with this as it's really not my strong point. Cue Culture Swaps. I've actually signed up to two. One here at Chasing Cheerios and the other here at The Worldwide Culture Swap. I'm very excited about these although I am feeling the pressure as some that I have seen are amazing!

I've also been looking at this fantastic website which has some great resources in it for toddlers up to older children. I've been losing a lot of time reading and printing from this and future posts will follow as I start to introduce the lapbooks and preschool packs!

Here are a couple of pictures of me introducing a sensory idea to Nathan whilst we were away. I was limited by what we had to hand but he was occupied with this for several large chunks of time.

These are a small take on the sensory bins, but like I say it was just making the best of what I had to hand. A "proper" one will be made next week. I'm thinking Ocean theme as Nathan is so into this at the moment.

I also made the decision to not go ahead with the distance learning course. I had a long chat with Kenny and at the moment it will put too much pressure on me. I'm so excited at the moment about or coming weeks and can't wait to share how we get on. I'll also be posting pictures of the finished loft conversion soon as it's in it's last week now!

Thanks for stopping by!

Lisa x

No comments:

Post a Comment