Saturday 14 July 2012

Our Haven Holiday.

As some of you guys might be aware we have recently had a loft conversion begin on our house. I made the decision that for the first two weeks I would take our boys away so that the mess and noise didn't disrupt them too much. Plus we hadn't had a holiday as a family yet! It was difficult to decide where to go, everything was looking so expensive. The cheaper option was to go to our apartment in Spain but once you looked at a hire car and their passports it balanced out to the same as here and I've always said I don't want to fly whilst the boys are still so young. Haven Holidays was recommended to me by a good friend so I started to look into that. My husband was going to be away for 9 days of it and then join us for the last part so my mum came along. Here are a few snaps.
The day we left this is how it looked.

Nathan enjoying the amazing adventure playground.
Our trip to a farm had us surrounded by these little fellas.
My mum showing Nathan a roly poly.
And then showing him how to do it!
Ethan loving the swings.

I have to say that I cannot praise the Combe Haven Park enough. Everywhere was clean, the staff were helpful and the food we had was great. The way the boys came on in the two weeks was astounding. Nathan had new found confidence and became an adventurer. Normally he would only go on swings which has been hard in the past if they are already taken but here he was climbing great big ladders and going down big slides like this covered one without a second thought. His language has developed at an alarming rate too. He's always had a good vocabulary but he's now putting together long sentences in the right context! Ethan, well he grew a new tooth and started to stand and walk around the furniture. He was also so excited at the new experiences.

It was hard spending 9 days solid with my mum but for no other reason than we were with each other all day everyday and sometimes it felt a bit confined. On the other hand though it was nice to spend so much time with her. She truly amazes me as well. I don't think I have ever known anyone to be so selfless and have such an endless supply of energy. I'm truly grateful to her for coming on this holiday with us. When Kenny came to stay, he came late at night so was there for when the boys woke up. The look of realisation on their faces was one I will always carry with me. I just wish I'd had the camera to hand to capture it. I'll leave you now with a couple of shots of what happens after 2 weeks running around, swimming and climbing. Oh and in case you're wondering, we've booked to go back in April :-)


Have a wonderful day and thanks for popping by!

Lisa x







1 comment:

  1. Looks like you had a great time Lisa! x

    ReplyDelete