Friday 4 January 2013

A great start

I've just read through my last post and it seemed somewhat sombre. I think this was due to the fact that I'd had a sickness bug for four days including on Christmas day so it was a bit of a struggle to raise much enthusiasm for anything. It's the first year I've lost weight rather than gained any which says a lot!

Our year has started off wonderfully. I've made a pledge for us to have a smoothie a day for the year-not a new one every day mind but a smoothie none the less. It's going well the boys love them which is great and so far they've all been delicious!

I've also made a start on new craft projects and set realistic goals for the year. I left things so late/thought I was superwoman and didn't get much of what I wanted to done before Christmas I did however finish my granny ripple blanket which gave me great satisfaction.

I'm also reawakening my love of reading for pleasure. I've been reading so many homeschooling books lately-not finishing any and really putting myself under pressure which is just plain stupid. My first book of choice is a Jodi Picoult Salem Falls is the title. I'll post here on how I get on.

The boys are just wonderful Ethan is so much cheesier than Nathan was at his age but it's hardly surprising!

Anyway I'm off to do a spot of sewing before I pick my book up.

Have a great evening xx

No comments:

Post a Comment