Friday 18 July 2014

Ethan turns 3!

Wow what a busy week. Our days seem to merge into weeks and before you know it we're halfway through summer!

This week saw our littlest boy turn 3. He's such a beautiful person, so kind and caring but also a little tornado as well full of energy and mischief.






This year has seen us have terrible financial strains due to all of our predicted work contracts being pushed back until the end of the year. This has meant us living off of our savings which have just about run out. Luckily it is now picking up and there is light at the end of the tunnel. It did however make us re-evaluate how we have been with money the last few years. Pretty frivolous. 

For Ethans birthday I had to look hard at what he would like, shop around and keep it to a minimum. He received his bike, this was in the sale and a fantastic price, a couple of Peppa Pig books and puzzles and the blanket that I had made for him. Do you know what? He was ecstatic and it was the best birthday/christmas celebration we have had. Nathans birthday is a couple of weeks away and the same will happen for him. If I'm honest I've always over bought because I thought more was better. How wrong I was. I can't wait for Christmas this year because instead of scrabbling to buy them loads of stuff they don't want I'm going with:

Something they want
Something they need
Something to wear
Something to read
One more thing to please

I've also reduced the amount I spend on my food bill by at least half if not more. That used to be outrageous, as was our wasted food. I will be meal planning every week, and even once our work balance is back to normal and we have managed to get out of the debt that has unfortunately built up around us we'll never go back to how we were. Do you know why? Because we're happier. We've had more fun and been more appreciative of everything we have.

I hope you've had a great weekend.

L x


No comments:

Post a Comment