Sunday 12 October 2014

We're going Screen Free.....

So after reaching a crescendo of a deterioration in behaviour, a constant "need" to watch TV/have the iPad, I have decided that for the next week at least there will be no screen time for the boys in this house. Some may think I'm insane, especially as Kenny is away from Tuesday lunchtime until Friday night but to be fair it's me that deals with the constant bad behaviour, answering back and general dependency on a screen.

The ironic thing here is that Ethan only started watching TV in March this year at age 2 years and 8 months. It used to drive me crazy that he wouldn't watch anything so that I could cook tea. Now he's constantly craving Ben & Holly and Peppa Pig. He's become rude and not the kind hearted little boy that we're used to.

Nathan, our highly energetic 5 year old would watch TV all day if he could, he's also experiencing a testosterone surge I believe but none the less his dependency on Angry Birds, Ben & Holly and pretty much anything else on a screen has hit an all time high.

I'm going to blog daily with how we get on (yes, really I will!) and I'm putting screen free time indefinitely.

They waste so much time staring formlessly at the screen or counting down the minutes until the next time slot that they're waiting their life away.

So now I will spend my evening making sure there are opportunities for activities that don't involve a screen.....

Suggestions welcome!


No comments:

Post a Comment