Friday 24 October 2014

Friendships.

Do you ever feel that you could have a friendship for life with someone and then all of a sudden for some reason you just stop seeing each other?

I'm not sure where this post is coming from. My heart mainly but it's been building for a year and I'm still sad about it. About two years ago I met a lady and her daughter. They too were going to/and still are home educating. We struck up what I thought to be a great friendship, our kids got on so well as well that it was a pleasure seeing them. It was easy company. There didn't seem any need to put on any airs and graces. We started seeing each other at least once a week, sometimes twice depending on the weather and if we had some good days out planned. She's so down to earth and relaxed that I always joked she was my yang.

Fast forward a year and things started to change. She would cancel our plans and avoid making any. It was bizarre. Apparently there was nothing wrong. I saw her not long before Amelia-Lilly was born and asked what had happened. Apparently she didn't like the routine of seeing people every week. I've seen her once since our daughter was born and there's the odd comment and like on Facebook but that's it. I still feel really sad and affected by this. I'm not sure why. Maybe the realisation that I valued the friendship far more than she did.

I don't even know why I'm writing about this now. All this time on. Maybe I'm closing the chapter and trying to release the hurt I feel.

No comments:

Post a Comment