Friday 2 November 2012

New friends....

Here we are again, so much time has passed. What can I say, we've been busy! I'm never sure really where the time is going. I find it terrifying sometimes. It's hard to believe that the boys are only 3 and 1.

Nathan is just amazing us with his insatiable appetite for words and language. He now knows all his phonetic alphabet sounds and every day I'm asked what letters words begin with. I'm making the final touches to a moveable alphabet and will show pictures soon. In the meantime I'm going to start going over some sight words with him to see where he is. Although I've read this should wait until they're 5 I think he's in such a great place with language that I don't want him to get bored. Got to keep him active, clever thing :-)

Ethan has started to walk finally but there is no stopping him now, it's as if he decided to wait until he could do it well. His language is also coming along. He repeats most words after you and his pronunciation isn't too bad. We're starting to learn colours which is going well so far.

We've met some amazing new friends who are also home schooling. Their little girl Jess is 2.5 years and her and Nathan have the sweetest friendship blossoming. It's wonderful as Lisa-her mum has so many of the same educational thoughts as me that being in their company is just so easy. She is probably the calmest person I know and I always feel so much more relaxed when I've seen her.

I'll leave you with a few images of what we've been up to.

Checking out the Penguins

A favourite day out. Drusillas Zoo

Dot dot fun
After bath cuddles

Space sensory tub
Thanks for taking the time to read my ramblings and as ever take care.

Lisa xx


No comments:

Post a Comment